Friday, March 12, 2010

More test shots

So, I'm starting to get comfy with the camera a little bit. I'm still absolutely fascinated with the low or natural light aspects of shooting with this thing. Last night, I presented at the SF Cutters user group in San Francisco, and during Chris Fenwick's wonderful presentation on file organization, I shot some scenes of the crowd. Keep in mind, this was in a darkened room while Chris was on stage presenting.

T2i Low Light, cycling through ISO values from Karl Soule on Vimeo.


In the first clip, I cycled through the ISO values. One thing I love is that all the controls can be played with live, during recording. At the end, I got some nice candle shots.

I'm really looking for a focus ring for the 50mm lens, with a post on it. I used to be pretty good at rack focus, but I'm dependent on having a post to manipulate. Turning the ring isn't as accurate for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment